2016. április 28., csütörtök

On holiday

There is spring-holiday in the kindergarten, and we decided to spend it at the countryside. It is the first time that we left home for such a long period of time with two children, but it was a good decision. It is not our countryside-house - it is too faraway for husband for commuting -, we came to grandma. It is 8 km from the city, but a completely different world, it is hard to find signal for mobiles, but I like it this way. 
On Sunday evening we were afraid, that we will not get here before the rain,
we barely succeeded. But then the rain came. And when it paused for a while mole crickets were singing and owls were calling. It was beautiful. And then the rain fell for the night. And another day. And another night. It was cold. And then yesterday afternoon the sun begun to shine, we had a starry night - and a freezing morning, with temperatures below 0.
But the view was fabulous. In one direction,

and the other.
I had hopes to knit a lot, but I was wrong. I am busy with one kid or the other and in the evening I am much too tired, so I prefer to sleep. At least Poppyseed kept his good sleeping habit, so I can rest.
But I had a finished garment, I completed it on Sunday morning, I washed it, and took it with me still wet. It is unblocked, but I could not get it off from Klári for two days. She likes it. I could not take normal pictures,

"Mom, catch me!" and she ran...
It is a top-down raglan, with an I-cord CO, and it has a lace-edging. It has 3/4 sleeves - I made it for warmer weather, but this is what we have now, she wore it these days...
I knit it with 3.5 mm circulars (for the I-cord I used 3.25 mm needles), the yarn is cotton-acrylic, but I do not know its name.
Meanwhile I bought the yarn for another garment for the Princess - pink and gray Cotton Gold (and for me black and turquoise), but I cannot decide to knit a pullover or a tunic, and what kind of yoke to make: circular or raglan or contiguous... so I am waiting for the inspiration and knitting a pair of vanilla socks for myself.
(we wanted to spend the weekend in our countryside house, but they announced heavy rain, so it seems that we will give up on our plans and until then we enjoy the "repose" here...

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése