2016. április 19., kedd

Colorful

Before I had my daughter my relationship with colors was really strict. My palette had colors like green, dark blue, naturals (cream, white, beige, brown), but I was afraid of pink, purple, yellow or any other vivid color. Since then a lot has changed. For example I really want to knit a colorful striped pullover, and a few days ago I wrote about that terracotta yarn which will be a pullover. For me. One day.
For the princess I am knitting colorful stuff regularly, for the last time a shawl.

Its story begun in Spetember 2012, when Bucika dyed a roving for me, on which I started the spinning.
A big part of it became a usable yarn, but not for the project I imagined (I wanted a hat, but the yarn seemed too thin). So, for quite a while it stood in my handspun yarn box, waiting for the right project. That is how this shawl was born.
Initially I wanted some lacy edging, but the whole stuff  was like a sunset,
so I skipped this, and made a simple crescent shawl in garter stitch.
I love its colors.
In the yarn there are only few portions where the two plies are the same color, but in the knitted piece it seems like a uni-color thing. (oh, and the yarn looks completely different than I would have guessed from the roving)
Klárika loves it. It is true, the shawl-season is over, but there will be autumns-winters in the future. And it will cheer up our days.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése