2015. január 10., szombat

How things are initiating other things

A few days ago, at the beginning of the week I had to make a pillow for Klárika. So, the sewing machine took back its place on the table. Seeing it all the time makes me wanting badly to sew. I took my Burda-s too, and I tried to find some pants for home I should make to myself - but there wasn't any with just elastic casing. I know there is a pattern on the web, which would be great for me, but I should find it again.
I bought some red polar for some winterpants for Klárika, but after a few days of -21 centigrades now the snow is melting, so the winter is gone - at least for the moment. 
Speaking of freezing cold: I have quite a few shawls and stoles, but I need a big soft scarf. Just some garter or stockinette stitch in some soft yarn, but a huge piece. Probably only for the next winter, if there will be any...
Speaking of huge pieces: I need a bag. I have quite a few, but none of them fits a larger knitting project than a pair of socks to take with me through an ordinary day (well, besides my lunch-box and coffee-bottle). Now I do not know if I should crochet or sew it, anyhow, the lining is something I must sew. I cannot decide upon the color of the bag, so it is just a plan.
By the middle of April I have to make a Dirk for a baby-boy. A dear colleague of mine is expecting her first child, and when I showed her the lalylala-dolls she liked the dragon the most. I already have the yarn for it.
And what do I do? I am knitting... socks.
Plain socks, size 45. Toe-up, two-at-a time in a color I fell in love with.

2 megjegyzés:

  1. I tried to comment here yesterday but we had storms and it didn't seem to work, so sorry if I am repeating. You have lots of lovely projects planned and I like your socks. I must investigate how to do that two on one needle. I tried over New Year, when I was away from my computer, and I must have remembered wrongly because I ended up in a knot and had to switch back to making them separately!

    VálaszTörlés
    Válaszok
    1. It is really easy, you just need one long circular. It is like knitting just one sock.
      At this time I feel this is the only thing I can knit, I have no inspiration.
      The happenings from last year's end at the office affected me really badly.

      Törlés