2015. január 3., szombat

First of 2015

Tomorrow will be the last day of the winter holiday. I so much enjoyed it and I wish it would last for another couple of weeks. At least.
Finally it is winter around here. Today we went for a walk in the forest and we took the sledge for the baby:
I loved it.
This holiday was a very prolific period for knitting, as well.
After I finished the items I blogged about the last time I begun another hat. I thought that would be the inbetweenyears project. It did not, as I finished it a few minutes before midnight. So, that was the last project of the last year.
It was the same Lina hat, from last time. And I love the result. That is my new favorite hat.
On the first day of 2015 I cast-on for a pair of socks. Today I passed the heels, I hope I will finish it really soon (but probably not today).
This might be too colorful, but I like it...
I hope this whole year will be this great, for all of us!

I said that I do not have plans for this year, I have dreams. I would like to write about them.
Sewing.
A few years ago I bought a sewing machine. Just a simple one, because at that time I couldn't even sew a straight line. For a while I had it on the table, but then I put it away.
Last year I took it from its place, and I sewed a pair of shorts and a peasant blouse for myself. And the curtains for the country-house. But I started to read sewing blogs.
I have two favorites:
Cashmerette. I love her style, both in writing and in sewing.
But most of all I love the way she inspires me. I see, that a coat can be made at home.
This is my final goal: a coat I made to myself. Maybe this year in autumn? I do not know. Maybe. One of my dreams.
Michelle. She is a knitter and a sewist. And she is good at both. I love how honest she is about all she experienced when making a garment.
So, if I will someday be able to sew wearable garments, it will be due to them.

Now back to work on my socks. As the weather is going to be this wintery for a while (they say), I would like to wear them soon in my boots.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése