2016. szeptember 16., péntek

Cardigan for the pony-buttons

I did not finish the cardigan for the first day of kindergarten, but it was finished in time for the cold mornings.

Working with thick yarn on thick needles is hard for the wrists, but in this size is a quick knit anyhow.
I did not have too much knitting-time, as I started this project in the last days of the summer-holiday, I had days when I could not touch my knitting, but there were some extra knitting-times while the girl was swimming,

or Poppyseed was in the garden, under the walnut-tree.
We had the buttons first.
Then she had chosen the yarn, Schachenmayr Trachtenwolle.
The cast-on had some complications, I made swatches on 4 and 5 mm knitting needles, and started to knit on 4 mm, but after a while I realized that the fabric was too stiff. The 5 mm-swatch was too loose. So I reknitted the upper part on 4.5 mm needles, with no swatching before, but it seems that it is OK.
Atfer the ripping I made a provisional CO, to avoid the thick line on the yoke.
I still do not like to sew, so it is a top-down raglan. From the middle I made quite a few increases.
I had no pattern to use.

She opted for a non-hooded version.
Now we can wait for the morning colds.
The darkness is already here...

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése