2015. június 7., vasárnap

Winter socks in summer

In the last few years I was in love with the pattern. I knew I will knit it, it was only a question of finding "the" yarn. This happened in late April - the yarn is not the same as it is in the pattern, though. I like it, anyhow...

The woodruff is this plant:
Mine looks like a marine algae, due to its color, but it does not matter.
It wasn't a qiuck project. I knit the first half for two weeks, then I made something else, and last week I returned to my 3/4 pair of socks. The heel flap took me 3 days. And the rest of it another 3. It was yesterday, when a miracle happened and I could actually finish the sock, starting to work at the middle og gusset. Yesterday evening I put down the sock with only the grafting left (and of course weaving in the yarns).
This is a different kind of socks. (this is the same with General Hogbuffer almost every design. She is great).
First, the colorwork on the heel-flap.
I would never think about this solution. She did. It wasn't my favorite part, as purling colorwork rows is hard, but I found a technique, which helped me. Anyhow, I don't think I will ever knit a bigger piece in plain colorwork.
My favorite part was the gusset. 
She put the decreases on the top of the foot, which allows the sides to contain a beautiful, compact unit of colorwork.
Of course, I made mistakes. Mainly in the toe-segment.
There were occasions when I rip and reknit it, but there were a few when I did not feel the power to rip. I am glad I finished it. I just need some cold wintertime to wear it (which I do not want, so wearing will wait).
The yarn is natural color Vendita Sockenwolle and an unknown blue. I used 2.5 mm circular, knitting on magic loop, but only one at a time.
Now I need some rest before knitting something else. I might spin some - or I will just get out in the balcony for some gardening.

2 megjegyzés:

  1. These look amazing. I have never knit colourwork socks, only one pair that I wear for slippers. What pattern is this? I think I might be tempted to try it!

    VálaszTörlés