2015. június 2., kedd

Changes

Summer arrived. We have a very warm weather now, and even if we try to avoid the hot sun we succeeded to get a tan already. This is what one gets with a garden, even if we can visit the house only on weekends.
The garden changed a lot during the last two weeks: it is so very summery. Half of it is mowed, but in the other half there is high grass - with flowers.
Then I found this mayfly in the garden and have no idea where it came from, because I do not know any suitable habitat for him in the area.
Still, we are quite behind - on the Transylvanian hills elderberry finished its flowering while in our garden, beneath the Carpathians it just begun.
In fact it is mostly buds, but anyhow, it is a great hiding place for some.
Another change is that after 19 years (!!!!) I had the courage to drive a car again. Quite a long way. I had to learn everything from the beginning, but it was not as hard as I thought it would be. I am somehow forced by my new position, but I think that was a good motivation.
Another and not so positive change is that I cannot knit, not even socks. I am knocked out by the everyday work and I have this exhaustion in me - there are days when at 10 in the evening I fall asleep - so I lost my evening knitting time.
But in 2 weeks and a bit we will have time off from work. I can hardly wait.
And a few words about the socks: I finished the first half some 2 or 3 weeks ago.
I even started the second half, when somebody asked me to knit a newborn cardigan. Which I did. (but I did not take photos, I gave it away still wet. Knitting with cotton will not be my favorite job. I mean I like the result, but the process is very heavy, due to the inelasticity of cotton.
Then I restarted the work on the socks - and in 3 evenings I succeeded to knit the heel flap of it. This speed is woeful.
Maybe I should spin some...
(But I want to finish my socks before.)
And most of all: I should rest and enjoy every calm moment before other changes that will come and we are waiting for with lots of hope and happiness.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése