2019. január 21., hétfő

Optimism

Yarns and plants helped me through tough periods of my life.
I turn to them again, as it seems that I will live with an autoimmune disease. The symptoms and blood-tests show that I might have Sjögren Syndrome. If it will remain at this stage my life will not become harder.
But the thought of depending of medication for the rest of my life is frightening. And I now probably have a disease about which I had no idea last Friday morning, and in the evening I exercised the pronunciation of it.
When I went for the Ravelry-challenge this year I had no idea about having such a motivation. For sure there will be 19+2 finished projects.
And I will arrange the balcony with lots of plants, which I did not do in 2018, due to our rushing way of life. I will slow it down a bit.
But this will have to wait, as it is still snow on the hill near the city,
and mud on the streets. There is wet, dripping whiteness left only in the shade.
And this melting is OK for me now, I need some colors and warm and light. It helps to be more optimistic when there is color in the grayness. (although I like gray)
So I dug out an old WIP-sock for portable project
(photo from July 2016
and there is another WIP going on: a rusty pullover. I cannot make photos, as there is still not enough light for this.
And we have blooming Kalanchoe and Hippeastrum at home...

3 megjegyzés:

  1. Sjögren Syndrome, I had to google it. Hope you can manage it well with medications. It's hard having to take meds. I take meds for high blood pressure and those are for life. It's a bummer but what can one do? Nothing but to follow the doctors orders. The color of the sock is very pretty. Pretty lily!!

    VálaszTörlés
  2. It seems that the doctor made a mistake. I begun to have doubts when she suddenly changed the diagnostic in subacute lupus.
    So good, that I asked for a second opinion...
    And so good, that I did not take the medication the first one prescribed.

    VálaszTörlés
  3. Forgive me responding in English because I'm not multi-lingual, but I just wanted to say how beautiful your pictures are: the flowers, the knitting, the SNOW! I am sorry that your health is proving challenging, and I hope that you're getting the very best possible medical care.

    With best wishes,

    Phil (thetwistedyarn.com) - I have no idea what identity this will appear under!

    VálaszTörlés