2014. november 3., hétfő

Socks again

I finished another pair of socks.
And again, 2 at a time, toe up.
But this time I did not enjoyed the process so much, and this is because of the yarn. Not its quality but the type. I used it before, but never by itself, first in a pair of Broken seed stitch socks and then for the Endpaper mitts, and both times the colors were beautifully accentuated by the contrasting solid color yarn. But now, on its own - I do not know. It is a bit too dark. It is a bit too contrasting.
Then I have this issue with the self-striping yarn.
It was a nightmare to find the point on both yarns to have matching stripes on the socks. For the fourth or fifth try I made it.
Then the heel. This yarn has a rhythm which is completely broken by using a few meters for the heel. So, at the gusset there are "missing" stripes.
In rest, it is OK.
I like the pattern. It was easy, but kept me interested. After finishing the socks I found several Mock Cable socks on Ravelry, both cuff-down and toe-up, anyhow, before casting-on I did not look at them.
The yarn is Gründl Marathon Scott, I used 2.5 mm Addi Lace circulars.
These socks took a week, for my 37 size feet, while I had two spinning projects going on.
Both fibers are merino-silk.
Now I should cast-on a new pair of socks, size 45. But I would also like to spin. 

2 megjegyzés:

  1. You are a quick knitter! The socks look so nice and warm, I love them!

    VálaszTörlés
  2. Thank you :) it seemed an eternity to finish the socks...

    VálaszTörlés