2014. november 23., vasárnap

Colors of fall

We had a great time here, finally we might become a normal society.
I watched TV and followed the news on Internet much more than in the last 2 years.
And I was knitting and spinning.
Now I have two pairs of socks on needles, far from finishing them, but I have a new yarn.
The fiber is 50% merino, 50% silk. I had some troubles with it, I suppose due to the silk. But I love the result.
The roving was handdyed by my friend, Bucilla (of course).
It was pure autumn.
I made two singles, just by spinning until I got to the half of the roving, and then spinning the other half. It was almost perfect, one of the singles being just about 2 meters longer than the other.
And then the plying. I think plying is the best part in spinning.
This is when the yarn is finished. It is a pleasure to watch how the colors are embracing each other.
The result of these days is 110 grams/425 meters of fingering weight yarn.
It has greens and browns,
but also grays and yellows
- cold and warm colors in a great balance. 
(the light is just awful here, it is foggy and dark and gray...)

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése